Saturday, June 09, 2012

Supoort

I am absolutely amazed and grateful to many people who have stepped up and have helped me through this process. Not only physically but emotionally. Those that are close to me as well as those not so close. Many people have been readily available through Facebook with a positive note, or when I run into those that know out and about I am always encouraged.

One person in particular; a boy who grew up across the street from me, Landon. Landon was more my brothers friend then mine since he was older, but was always very kind to me. He would let me, the annoying little sister tag along when all the other boys said no. We have kept in touch over the years thanks to Facebook but very rarely actually talk. He will be sacrificing his time and lots of energy in August to partake in a Bike MS fundraiser. Over a  2 day period he will ride 167 miles for those that cannot ride for themselves. Landon let me know he will be riding in mine and 2 other people he knows honor.

I was very touched by this act of kindness from a person I've only somewhat known over the years, and am thrilled he is putting such great effort towards helping "the cause".

If anyone is interested Landon's goal is to raise $1000.00 for the National MS Society to help those in need and for further research. You can donate...

HERE

The ride will be held August 18th and 19th in Sundance Wyoming for those also interested in donating their time.

No comments:

Post a Comment